The New Birkdale Clinic has several branches based around the UK. The clinic offers laser eye surgery as well as a number of cosmetic procedures.
- LASIK (Laser-assisted in situ Keratomileusis) is the most popular form of eye surgery available at present. The procedure involves cutting a tiny flap on the cornea (the front of your eye which covers the iris and pupil) and a specialist excimer laser is used to reshape it, correcting any visual defects. The flap is then replaced and allowed to heal naturally.
- LASEK Also known as Laser Epithelial Keratomileusis, LASEK involves the surgeon using a solution to weaken the outermost surface of the cornea (the epithelium), after which the laser is used to reshape the cornea.
- Clear Lens Extraction and Crystalens are specialist treatments offered which involve the placement of an artificial intraocular lens (IOL) into the eye for conditions which cannot yet be treated with typical laser eye surgery.
- YAG Laser Capsulotomy This is another treatment used for correcting vision in cataract patients who have experienced complications with IOL. A hole is made by a laser in the membrane behind the lens to allow light to pass through to the retina.
The New Birkdale Clinic has branches in the following locations:
- Liverpool The clinic shares their Liverpool (head office) premises with the Prem House Clinic which provides hospital and cosmetic surgery services. This branch also houses The Beauty Room, which provides spa, beauty and non-surgical cosmetic treatments. This branch is located at 2 Park Road, Crosby, Liverpool L22 3XF and can be contacted directly on 0151 949 9600.
- RotherhamYorkshire Surgicentre, the clinic’s Rotherham branch (near Sheffield) also offers a wide range of cosmetic procedures. The clinic is based at 2 Clifton Lane, Rotherham S65 2AI and can be contacted on 01709 828 928.
The New Birkdale Clinic also has branches based in:
Leeds – Park House, Park Square West, Leeds LS1 2PW. Tel 01133 571 230.
Manchester – 82 King Street (off Deansgate), Manchester M2 4WQ. Tel 0500 442 222.
Birmingham – 3 Brindleyplace, Birmingham , B1 2JB. Tel 0500 442 222.
The clinic is also opening a branch in London in March 2014 to provide consultations and has other locations around the UK where you can have your initial consultation prior to being referred for treatment.
Mr Khalid Khan MBBS FRCS FRCOphth
Mr Khan is a consultant Ophthalmologist for the NHS and has decades of experience in performing eye surgery. As well as being an affiliated member of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, Mr Khan is also a regular speaker at conferences, and keeps up to date with new advances in technology and procedures.
The cost of your treatment will depend on your condition and its severity, however prices start from around Â£995 per eye. Prior to any procedure taking place, the New Birkdale Clinic will arrange a one-to-one consultation to discuss your condition, what the procedure entails, how much it will cost and how to care for your eyes after surgery.”